PAKCRIC RETURNS!!!!!!!!!

Dear friends,

Pakcric is back and this time it is here to stay! Hope you all like the new look of the blog and of course the photo of Waqar Younis, my favourite cricket of all time.

I am happy to announce that the learned Javed A Khan and Awas are still with me, and of course we await to hear from other regulars on Pakspin like Jamjar, Euceph Ahmed, Eamiran, Omar Admani, Ashaq etc.

As always the email address is khansahab786@gmail.com, if you want to get in touch with me.

I am indebted to my friends Mohammad Anfaal, Amit P, Samy, Ubaid etc for their continued support.

I will start a new thread soon. I look forward to everyone’s contributions!

Regards

KHANSAHAB

Advertisements
  1. #1 by ahmed11 on January 26, 2008 - 11:00 PM

khansahab,

nice to see you restarting the site? where were you all this time?

regards
    Ahmed

2. #2 by Rohit on January 26, 2008 - 11:03 PM

hey khansaab!good see see you back on.what is ur real name by the way?pakspin was dead for a long time and only been revived now.anyway takecare and keep posting, if you keep ur blog active more and more people will post.

3. #3 by khansahab on January 26, 2008 - 11:19 PM

rohit and ahmed,

thanks a lot for your support.

KHANSAHAB

4. #4 by amit. p on January 27, 2008 - 10:14 AM

khansaab,

Good to see ur blog getting life again …. its always good to go through as many thoughts as possible. Waiting for ur next thread .. hopefully it will ab’t Gilly & Pollock contribution to the game.

amit

5. #5 by Rehan Khan on January 27, 2008 - 2:39 PM

Salam Khansahab.
    Nice to see your return. Why not start with a review of the India-Australia series followed by review of Pakistan-Zimbabwe? It will be interesting and should attract many posts.

Rehan Khan

6. #6 by khansahab on January 27, 2008 - 2:40 PM

Amit P and Rehan Khan,

Thanks a lot- I am surprised that people are still visiting this site and posting. I will take everyone’s suggestions into account. Thanks for supporting me.

KHANSAHAB

7. #7 by Samy on January 27, 2008 - 8:46 PM

Hi Khansahab
    I liked the new look of this blog. I’m glad you have restarted it.
    Looking forward to your views, opinions and analysis.

8. #8 by Javed A Khan, Montreal, Canada on January 28, 2008 - 10:47 AM

khansahab

stay focused on Pakcric and the return of the Pakcric also means Return of the Jedi.

Pakistan winning the series 3-0 is not enough they have to carry on the momentum and make it 5-0 and from my point of view so far all these three wins are not so convincing. Because, Pakistan has not been able to bowl out Zimbabwe even once in the alloted 50 overs and thats a shame.

It reflects poor bowling and stronger teams can kill this bowling attack anytime and win against Pakistan. Even in the match where they posted a 347 odd score, they could have easily score 400 runs and missed that opportunity. So, even the batting is not as great as one would have expected especially against a low and minnow Zimbabwe team.

Malik was stumped in the 2nd ODI and run out in the 3rd. IS HE FIT? Can he run? Running for the sake of running is different but when you really need to make an effort to run to save your wicket is what matters. Himself getting out cheaply and then blaming senior players for conspiring against him is like confirming he is a cry baby.

The central contracts have been awarded and they are based on whims and wishes of the PCB. There is an expression in Urdu “Andhaa baantain raiwree vo bhee apnay apnaon ko,” means, the blind man distributes sweets in a crowd but gives it only to his family and friends.

In my opinion this time the central contracts is a big joke, especially the word that was used to justify was “Performance Based.”

Mohammad Asif is out of action since the last 6 months and still we don’t know his fitness level and prior to that his performance was pathetic and yet he is in tier A.

Malak Saab, as a bowler, as a batsman, as a player does not fit in any slot, he is neither an all-rounder not a specialist this or that and performance in any department is nothing to write home about.

As a captain he has created history in India and made every Pakistani feel ashamed and yet he got promoted from category B to A!

Look at any cricket forum in the world, national, international they all have the same view about his captaincy. “The weakest captain ever produced by Pakistan.” I am agree. I would also like to add that he is like a sly fox and will hold his job by his teeth. Because he knows which butt of the bread needs to be buttered.

9. #9 by Awas on January 28, 2008 - 11:24 PM

Good to see ubiquitous Javed A Khan, Samy, Amit, Rohit and others. I hope more join us here. I will comment soon when I have a little more time.

10. #10 by Mohamed Kasim on February 1, 2008 - 6:01 AM

Khansahab,
    Assalam-o-Alaikum.
    I was worried about you. Finally, you found me!!
    Here is for starters:
    Some fifty years ago, when I was a young man of about 22 or 23 years of age, I regularly went for day’s shopping after Fajr prayers and the moment I enter the meat market my favorit butcher call out to his asistants thus: “O pheeke, Seth saab da qeema bana de” when I say I dont want qeema today he would yell “O sidqe, Seth saab di botian bana de” or seth di haddiyan nikal de or such mischivious words!!
    I wonder these days IF and WHEN the Australians comes, their coach and players would be calling each others,”O Matty, O Ricky “Rao da qeema bana de, Niazi di botian bana de, Kamran di haddian nikal de” etc. etc.
    Plus they already have an order for 200 runs from Kaneriajee!!
    So they have an adequate and profitable business day.

11. #11 by Mohamed Kasim on February 1, 2008 - 6:11 AM

Please help Khansahab, I am not a Computer genius!!

12. #12 by Mohamed Kasim on February 1, 2008 - 7:08 PM

I hope the selectors finally give a chance to Abdur Rauf and Khurram Manzoor, especially Abdur Raur, the poor lad had been badly and harshly treated the by PCB by selecting him and dropping him like a hot potato and never giving him a chance!

13. #13 by Mohamed Kasim on February 1, 2008 - 7:16 PM

Another point, I read a despatch by Faras Ghani in Cricinfo that Sohail Khan bowled the fastest ball @ 119 Kph which according to my calculation comes to slightly less than 75 Mph! I guess Shahid Afridi bowls at that speed. Right?

14. #14 by khansahab on February 1, 2008 - 8:57 PM

Kasim Sahib,

I am disappointed with this lad Sohail Khan. What was all the hype about? What went wrong and where?

Yes Abdur Rauf has been knocking on the doors of selection for a long time. He does deserve a chance, but if there is any consolation, domestic competition between fast bowlers is quite intense. There are so many budding fast bowlers who have impressed- you could write a book about it!

And yes, I also concur on the point about Australians scheming to destroy Pakistan. Pakistan is unable to compete with Australia. Yes every home team has a home advantage, but I wait to see just “how much” of this home advantage Pakistan are likely to exercise. Very little I presume.