AN EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH MISS-BAH

AN EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH MISS-BAH

LEAP FROG THIS IS ONE OF MY BEST SHOT

J.A.K.  Hey Misbah, you have done it again?

Miss: Yeah you know a good player have to be consistent and I am proud of this quality that I have in me that I can change a winning situation into a losing one.
J.A.K.  But the entire nation is upset with this and they say they hate you, so what is your opinion?
Miss: Well, you know there is always a love and hate relationship but, the ground realities are I am very popular now.
J.A.K.  The people are asking for your removal not only as a captain but, as a player from the T20 and ODI format…
Miss: You know people are always asking and demanding undesirable things, like they wanted my mentor Janab Butt Sahib, What happened? He went only when his time was up.
J.A.K. Why did you promote yourself up the batting order today, I mean in this 3rd ODI?
Miss: Bakaoz, Hina Rabbani Khar was watching the game and I thought it would be a good time to get into action.
J.A.K. But she left early by saying, I am not going to watch the re-run of THE LAST ACTION HERO.
Miss: I didn’t get your question could you please explain?
J.A.K.  Arnold Shalwar Nicker was The Last Action Hero, don’t you know that?
Miss: No, sorry which country did he play for?
J.A.K. California
Miss: Do they have a team and is he the captain of the team?
J.A.K. aNO, he is The Terminator of California, just like you are The Terminator of cricket in Pakistan. And, you both have a few things in common like, since he became the Terminator of California, it is no more the 7th largest economies in the world and……..
Miss: But, since I am the captain of the team, I am steady at the 7th position in the ICC rankings.
J.A.K. I think you are on a different tangent ……….
Miss: Yeah, I am and I am always trying new and different shots and I am very innovating in getting out in a different manner each time.
J.A.K. Why do you always play that reverse shot?
Miss: Its a natural thing for me, bakaoz I am a good sweeper and sweep on both sides of the V-cut.
J.A.K. What makes you think it is “natural”?
Miss: Bakaoz hum Khandani Jharoo baaz hain.

THIS IS OUR KHANDANI SHOT - WE ARE SWEEPERS

J.A.K. Other than your sweep shot which other shot you prefer to play most?
Miss: Leap Frog, you see I can leap well I have those pictures framed in my living room.
J.A.K. You have said that you are a good sweeper, then do you prefer to play it with a cricket bat or a Jharoo, I mean a broomstick?
Miss: The Ground Reality is, I prefer a broomstick but, the ICC does not allow me and insist on playing with a cricket bat. If I play with a broomstick I can actually fly high like Amir Churail Bhai, and he also has a very good broomstick and, he calls it a ‘witchcraft‘ and that is bakaoz his Anglish is vary good.
J.A.K. You mean you can actually fly with a broomstick?
Miss: Of course, you know I am good at it. But, I am not allowed to bakaoz there are Ground  Realities.
J.A.K.  You have used that word ‘ground realities’ last week in that press conference and the media is making fun of it now.
Miss: You know the media people have their own ‘agenda’ and they want me to give back the captaincy back to Shahid Afridi.
J.A.K. So are you willing to give him back? I mean the captaincy.
Miss: OVER MY DEAD BODY.
J.A.K. Excuse me, what do you mean by that?
Miss: Oh, that was a quote from the book my Maternal uncle’s Paternal cousin brother’s grand father’s second cousin Lt. General Tiger Niazi wrote, he said that in Dhakka before playing that reverse sweep and then……
J.A.K. Then what happened?
Miss: Then he lost against India in Bangladesh by 93,000 runs and that is a world record.
J.A.K.  I see, so you are from that famous Niazi background?
Miss: Of course we Mianwalis are always better than MianDads and BiwiWalas…. Imran Bhai is a living example.
J.A.K.  I am sorry, I didn’t get that ……. is it a joke or a fact?
Miss: No, not a joke, that’s a ground reality.
J.A.K. Who is your best friend?
Miss: hahaha still you don’t know? Af Kaorse it is Shoaib Malak.
J.A.K. But why?
Miss: You know I owe him a debt that I took from him in 2007 when he took me to South Africa by replacing with that revert Moulvi, I am forgetting his name……
J.A.K.  You mean Mohammad Yousuf?
Miss: Yes, he is too old you know, just 3 months younger than me and he wants to play Tonty, Tonty.
J.A.K.  So, you are obliged to play Malik now because  of that?
Miss: No, not just because of that, Sania Bhabi is also very kind towards me and asked me vary sweetly to send a parchee on chocolate wrapper and I endorsed it to Butt Saheb and he did the rest.
J.A.K.  There is a rumour that Afridi will be reinstated as captain of the ODI team for the Asia Cup.
Miss: OVER MY DEAD BODY
J.A.K.  No, no, no please don’t repeat that Niazi dynasty sagas again, I have understood it well.
Miss: LOL, see if you are good at repeating things, you also repeat your performance and that is called, consistency.
J.A.K. So, you think Afridi has no chance to take over from you the captaincy?
Miss: Has anyone returned anything after they have stolen it from that person? Besides, Butt Saheb has given it to me and said, keep it and I will protect you.
J.A.K. So, do you consider Afridi as your enemy?
Miss: Wail, you know in the ground there are realities and he is better than me in the ground but, outside the ground no one can beat me bakaoz I am calm, composed and cool like a cucumber.
J.A.K. One last question, can Professor Hafeez be a better captain than Afridi?
Miss: As long as I am there till 2015 no body can be better than me in everything and if they want to remove me it will be OVER My……….
J.A.K.  OK, OK, OK I got it, thank you very much and I am sure the people are waiting for you at the Allama Iqbal International Airport La’hore to greet you with garland of used Bally Shoes!

Miss: Yesssss, Bally and RayBan are my favourites and I love them.

This is just a imaginary comical interview and its written on this blog only for venting out our frustration at Misbah’s tuk, tuk batting and his defensive tactics. These are just personal views of the writer, written in zest.

I do not like to write – I like to have written.  Gloria Steinem

MY BLUE EYED BROWN BOY

Advertisements
  1. #1 by JAVED A. KHAN on February 28, 2012 - 12:14 AM

Please post your comments here. Thank you

2. #2 by JAVED A. KHAN on February 28, 2012 - 12:20 AM

NewGuy

I agree with Raju that Dhoni is much much better than Misbah. Misbah has proved umpteenth number of times that he is a negative player and now he should be kicked out of the T20 and ODI games both.

Zaheer AbASS was blaming Shahid Afridi for getting run out at the crucial moment. He is a designated Ch2Sulphate and a pestering Afridi hater. What can Afridi do when he comes to play when 8 balls were remaining and 17 runs to score? Hammad Azam came in when there were 5 balls remaining. Whereas this a$$hole misbah promoted himself up the order for no reason. He should have sent in big hitters earlier on and kept himself for no. 7

Come on selectors you have seen how disgustipatingly pathetic and negative he is kick his butt and throw him out. Enough is enough.

3. #3 by JAVED A. KHAN on February 28, 2012 - 4:54 AM

NewGuy

I can’t believe this, Dhoni is a real bastard, harami sala, he dropped Irfan Pathan in this match and retained Jadeja. I wish India lose this match and get the hell out of this tournament so that Dhoni is kicked out from the captaincy. Dilshan is bajao-ing Baja, SL are 106/1 in 23 overs.

4. #4 by JAVED A. KHAN on February 28, 2012 - 5:59 AM

Sri Lanka is hammering India left, right and center, both Dilshan and Sangakara are about to make a hundred each and SL are 210/1 in 39 overs, if they continue like this it is very likely that the score will be over 330 and Jaddu Paddu, Dhoni Showni will not be able to achieve that target. Apart from the 5 regular bowlers Dhoni has used Sehwag and in his 3 overs he gave away 24 runs. India in real trouble at the moment. Dilshan has scored his 100 and Sangakara is on 95 in the 40th over SL on 226.

5. #5 by JAVED A. KHAN on February 28, 2012 - 6:07 AM

Sangakara completes his 100

6. #6 by JAVED A. KHAN on February 28, 2012 - 6:44 AM

NewGuy

Sri Lanka 320/4 and Dilshan carried his bat through his highest ODI score 160 and highest by any Sri Lankan in Australia. Also, the highest partnership of 200 between the two centurions. Now, the question is can Dhoni’s team score 321 in 40 overs? Not even in his wildest dreams.

Shastri says, its a bad day for Indians, I would say a bad series for the Indians.

7. #7 by Raju on February 28, 2012 - 9:28 AM

Lol at the interview but no sabzi, thats bad

well finally its for all to see why we critcise mirhap

8. #8 by Asli Pathan on February 28, 2012 - 10:57 AM

India will not score 320 in 40 overs in their wildest dreams/ But, Waddafuck, they have scored 320 in 36 hrs, I mean . . .. . waddafuck is happening, Hmmmm it is obvious Malinga was paid , Hahahahahhaha, Sorry Javed Paa Ji. Hopefully your dua will be accepted and SL will win against Oz. LOL

9. #9 by Asli Pathan on February 28, 2012 - 11:00 AM

Like my good pakistani friend said recently . . . . Mere paas eeman hai. Eeman kayam rakho paa ji, oopar wala aapki eventually sun lega. Hahahahhahahaha

10. #10 by Asli Pathan on February 28, 2012 - 11:05 AM

Yeh kya ho raha hai!!!!!!!!! America se kaho more aid bheje.

11. #11 by JAVED A. KHAN on February 28, 2012 - 12:46 PM

Oh My My ….. NewGuy I have to chew my words for saying what I said a few hours ago. I missed a very good match, I was so tired it was 2:00 am and had to wait for the innings break and then 3 1/2 hours of match, so I went to sleep. LOL it was my wildest belief that India will not score even in their wildest dream but, they did. Good for Team India.

I thought they might chase and may be they will win if Sehwag gets going but, not under 40 overs for sure. But, they did it under 37 overs. Sehwag started well but, that did not last for long and he got out within 7 overs but at a good strike rate. All credit goes to Virat Kohli for that wonderful innings which Dhoni will take credit for winning this match.

Kohli has kept India’s hope alive with the bonus point they got and now they have to beat Australia.

Asli Pathan jee are you Salman Khan of Australia? Anyways congratulations to you and all Indians. On my earlier comments, all I can say is being a human being I am proved wrong and that is it. I don’t think even you had so much faith in your team that they will chase 320 and win it under 37 overs, be honest and tell me. Now, at hand-sight everyone can boast because, the result is in front of you whereas, if you were so confident, you would have immediately reacted to my comment before India started their innings. But, no one — including hundreds of millions of Indian supporters said that, ‘coz they had lost faith in Indian team. Even Shastri said after Sri Lanka’s innings: “its a bad day for India.”

I am sure everybody is surprised at this win. Its a fantastic win and a morale booster for the Indians, However my criticism towards Dhoni will not change because, for no reason he dropped Irfan Pathan and in this match what is his contribution? As a captain he will take all the cream and once again people will be showering praises and accolades for Dhoni’s marvelous captaincy. Yeah, compared to Misbah’s indeed it is marvelous and I definitely agree with that.

12. #12 by JAVED A. KHAN on February 28, 2012 - 12:59 PM

Asli Pathan — A Pathan is a Pathan, iss may Asli aur Naqli ki kya baat hai? A human being is a human being, he is creature of God and not a man made product that you can say, ye Asli hai aur ye Naqli hai.

Aur Konse PathanO ko aid chahiyeh?

13. #13 by JAVED A. KHAN on February 28, 2012 - 1:05 PM

Zara ye mulaheza farmaiyeh, apni ass bachanay ko Missy kya kehti hain?

DRASTIC CHANGES WILL NOT HELP: MISBAH

Pakistan’s Misbah-ul Haq on Tuesday cautioned against a drastic overhaul in personnel after one-day and Twenty20 losses against England, warning that change for change’s sake could be damaging in the long-run.

Misbah failed to guide Pakistan to victory from a winning position in the third and final T20 on Monday, as England fought their way to a sensational five-run win to take the three-match series 2-1.

That followed England’s 4-0 drubbing of Pakistan in the one-day series, leaving question marks on Misbah’s handling of the team and disgruntled fans chanting slogans against him.

Former Pakistan cricketing greats have also called for separate captains for Tests and limited overs.

Misbah, who previously guided Pakistan to a 3-0 Test series win against England, said he understood fans’ frustrations but the limited overs defeats needed to be assessed dispassionately by the Pakistan Cricket Board and the selection committee.

“I think we need to take this decision only after assessing our resources and if you have those resources then do that,” he said.

“But if you don’t have quality cricketers then it will harm. If you change for the sake of change it will not help.”

Chasing a modest 130, Pakistan were cruising and needed 23 off the last three overs, 17 off the last two and 13 off the last but first Umar Akmal (22) and then Misbah (28) got out, leaving Pakistan agonisingly short.

Misbah said Pakistan should not overreact to the defeat.

“All those who watch are sentimental and they talk like this. You analyse by sitting down and if you have a replacement for a player then you replace him. Drastic changes will not help,” he added.

Pakistan are likely to bring in former Australian batsman Dav Whatmore to replace Mohsin Khan as coach. Their next assignment will be the Asia Cup in Dhaka next month, where they face one-day world champions India, as well as Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.

Misbah said he was disappointed by the series defeats but all the players were responsible.

“I think we did try our best but England came back strongly in the last three overs. Credit must be given to them. I think we are responsible…

“We should have finished the match but we had no answer to their good bowling. Stuart Broad gave just four runs in the penultimate over while Jade Dernbach successfully defended 13 in the last.

“We were in the game until the last three overs… and we had wickets in hand. But we couldn’t finish it. That hurts.”
    (AFP)

YOU, so and so you are not a finisher of the game because, negativity tumharay under may koot koot ker bharee hoi hai and you are responsible for the defeat not just this one but Mohali and SA wali too, accept it Ch2yeh. Agar thori bhee ghairat ho tou T20 aur ODI say retirement lay lo before you are kicked out like your Big Butt Budda.

14. #14 by JAVED A. KHAN on February 28, 2012 - 1:11 PM

Misbah is shamelessly trying to cover his ass by saying England bowled well, UKP you could not bat and you either missed the slow balls or offered a dead bat and you are saying they bowled well? Obviously when you cannot play a bowler, he keeps coming on to you and he will dominate by bowling those deliveries which you cannot play. How many times in this match and the previous matches you have missed the slow balls? You could not even reach to the ball or flashed it for nothing. Accept that you are an old fart and your reflexes are not good, you hit and miss or you do tuk tuk. Get the hell outta T20 and ODI you negative player and give the youngsters a chance to flourish, and take your cronies with you.

15. #15 by JAVED A. KHAN on February 28, 2012 - 1:23 PM

Raju

Sabzi kya ab tou Chaaraa Bhee Nahee Dalna Chahiyeh is Murrdaar Gaye ko. I am really cheesed off not only because of the defeat but, the way he is trying to protect his ass and talking all BS. And, he has the gumption to say that he wants to stay till 2015???????

16. #16 by NewGuy on February 28, 2012 - 2:08 PM

Javed Khan,

I did not follow India-SL match, as I was not very keen on miracles happening, while I was surprised to see the results, I still don’t think it can cover up the ground realities 🙂

See, Misbah is not the only one who found that word useful.

All it shows is what we already know, given a flat batting pitch with small boundaries and a not so sharp bowling attack, Indians will shred that team into pieces. Many of the ODI crickets top team scores, individual batting scores, two double centuries, so on are held by Indians.

But the reality still is that they achieved nothing on this tour, and their captain is still a defensive negative thinker.

Good on Kohli though, this young man has future and I am very happy about that. He will take confidence from it and hopefully will grow in strength. It also shows that Tendulkar should hang up boots since youth can take over. Although yesterday he provided a decent start along with Sehwag, he is not main match winner any more.

Coming back, this display on Hobart pitch is a Kohli show and the only thing coming good is that.

As for Irfan Pathan’s exclusion, I heard he had a collision with Raina on the other day in Australia match and he was hurt, he did not bowl the full quota. I am not sure how hurt he is or was it only another excuse to keep him out by Dhoni. I don’t expect anything from Dhoni except such petty politics. Hopefully one of these days Indians will see the back of the trio of Srinivasan, Srikanth, and Dhoni.

Asia cup team will be announced tomorrow, I won’t be surprised if Rohit Sharma is kept out unfairly whiel Jaddu gets to keeop the place except terrible performance. Lets see.

17. #17 by raju on February 28, 2012 - 6:36 PM

ahh ahhh a

not leap frog, it shpuld b e DUDDDOOO SHAAAT! 😉

Shaat from buttttttt

18. #18 by raju on February 28, 2012 - 6:41 PM

mein to tum logon ko nahi maanta, mujhe to shafqy aur chapdrasi samjh mein aaataaa hae

to padrhlo chapardasi kya kahta hae mishap ke barey miein

aur socho kya wo hamara raag nahi gaa raha

ab usey bhi bewaquuuf samjhnaaa

19. #19 by JAVED A. KHAN on February 28, 2012 - 8:26 PM

Raju, Vo aaj say hamara raag nahi gaa raha hai, its been ages, since the time we used to write on his blog, I used to send him emails to write a thread on such and such topic and I used to give him some points and tips to elaborate his thoughts and believe it or not he used to do it. Once I wrote him an email, can’t remember on what subject and after a few hours he wrote the same on his blog and sent me an email by saying “this time I’ve beaten you.” I said, nope you check the time and see I wrote you first. Anyways that is so trivial but, what he writes here and what he says on other blogs and on the twitter is different. He is more open and more candid there.

20. #20 by JAVED A. KHAN on February 28, 2012 - 8:27 PM

LOL, actually the photograph I have saved in the library is titled, DUDDOO SHOT. But, leap frog has two meanings, I mean if you know the other one you would laugh at it more. 😉

21. #21 by JAVED A. KHAN on February 28, 2012 - 8:41 PM

NewGuy

I agree with you that the ground was small and boundaries were short but, the way they chased successfully in 36.4 overs is commendable. If they had won in the last or in the penultimate over, that may have been considered as OK but, this is very good.

You did not watch, but I did. I watched the Sri Lankan innings and I saw the frustration on Dhoni’s face and his yelling at players. When PK bowled a 5W in the 46th over, despite diving to his right Dhoni could not get a hand to the ball and he remained on the ground for a while and from there he stared at PK, that summed up all. Even then SL were in their 270’s and went on to make 320, I thought they might score 330 plus (see my pre-results comment) and when they were going back to the pavilion the entire Indian team was walking with drooping shoulders as if they have given up. It is for this reason I did not wait to see the Indian innings, but I was shocked to see the result next morning……… so you think its a ground reality? 😀 I mean not to comment till the match is over?

A decade ago India played a similar innings in England when Kaif and UV played well, but this is much better because of the run rate.

22. #22 by JAVED A. KHAN on February 28, 2012 - 9:11 PM

NewGuy, I have read somewhere on the Internet and 2 days ago I have mentioned it here that India is not considering Tendulkar and Sehwag for the Asia Cup. It would be good for the young players. I was not aware of IP’s collision with Raina, but I think Dhoni cannot drop him from Asia Cup squad. Of course his Jaddu Paddu will be in the squad and even in the playing 11 but, there will be room for other new players if Tendulkar and Sehwag are not selected. Btw, who will open then? Gambhir and ???

Shastri was telling yesterday that, whenever the ball goes out in the deep to Gambhir, the Sri Lankans had a chance to make 2 runs easily. Whereas, Tendulkar’s throw from long-on resulted in Periera’s run out, which was a very close call and everyone including the batsman and the whole of Indian team were surprised at the run out decision because, everyone was settling in for the next ball.

23. #23 by Asli Pathan on February 28, 2012 - 9:37 PM

Please accept my apologies for the comments yesterday. Especially the last comment. It was inappropriate and totally uncalled for. Me and my friends got carried away last night.

24. #24 by NewGuy on February 28, 2012 - 9:39 PM

JK,

I am not sure Jaddu will retain his place, as I heard than Yousuf Pathan will be given another chance, must have hit some sixes in domestic games. Yousuf can’t bowl, that is a negative, but when his wild swings come off they go for huge sixes, so that will boost the batting. Irfan might retain his place. Anyway, we will know Indian team tomorrow. When is Pakistan team selection?

25. #25 by NewGuy on February 28, 2012 - 9:46 PM

Here goes the new on YKP:

MUMBAI: All-rounder Yusuf Pathan scored a blistering century as Baroda defeated Saurashtra by 52 runs to register their first win in the Vijay Hazare Trophy on Sunday.

Pathan’s 78-ball 114, which included 10 sixes and six fours, helped Baroda score 315-8 in their 50 overs.

Saurashtra were then bowled out for 263, despite a maiden ton by 23-year-old Sheldon Jackson who scored 117 (120b, 4×7, 6×5).

Pathan, who came to the crease with Baroda at 3-101 in the 24th over, single-handedly demolished the Saurashtra attack while completing his century in just 69 balls with the help of nine sixes and six fours.

26. #26 by NewGuy on February 29, 2012 - 2:34 AM

I just heard that some sources inside India team is hinting Tendulkar was to announce his retirement as soon as India qualifies for Tri-Series final.

So that he will then get two finals to finish off. But since the chances of India qualifying is dependent on SL losing to Aus, that may not be a possibility.

I know I have been calling for his retirement for some time, but when I read this, a strange feeling came over, when I realized this might actually happen.

The feeling I am getting is a feeling of sudden vacuum, even little bit of fear, I realize that I don’t want him to retire, it’s kind of unexplainable and not rational, I don’t even care if he scores a hundred or not, but I just don’t want it to be permanent.

I hope he announces retirement one year before so every get used to instead of going suddenly.

This must be a really silly thought, and I might feel ashamed about this later. 22 years is something though, it is not easy to let go of something you got used over that many years.

27. #27 by JAVED A. KHAN on February 29, 2012 - 4:39 AM

Asli Pathan apologies accepted 😀

28. #28 by JAVED A. KHAN on February 29, 2012 - 5:15 AM

NewGuy

Pakistan is the only country where you are not sure of anything. The WC team was announced but captain’s name was held till the last moment, it happened during Butt days, prior to that he did the same thing on Pak touring NZ and Aus. And, he kept the captain for a particular series or a tournament only and not beyond. In the past it also happened that Malik was made captain for a fixed period of time irrespective of his performance.

Since the Asia Cup shall be played in BD where the BPL is being played right now and Pakistani batsman Ahmad Shahzad as accumulated most runs and he has recently hammered 113 in 49 balls, earlier his sixties and seventies may place him as a candidate for Pakistani opening batsman. IMO, the problem is in BPL not everyone is a quality bowler, hitting them indiscriminately in a T20 tournament is different from Asia Cup where, India and Sri Lanka have better bowlers. If he is selected and if he fails against good bowling he may lose his spot in the team for future tournaments.

Anyways, it may be worth trying Ahmad Shahzad along with Azhar Ali to open the innings because, you need one hitter and one defender in the 50 over match. The number 3 position must go to Asad Shafiq and Umar Akmal at no.4 followed by Hammad Azam to give him some time to settle and play a long innings which he has done before successfully in BD in the U-19 games a couple of years ago when he was only 18.

Regarding Jaddu Paddu, he will definitely be in the Asia Cup squad and your reaction on Tenfulkar’s retirement is perhaps normal. Everyone is expecting him to retire but, when he goes he will make everyone sad. However, if Misbah goes, most people will be happy. When Inzamam announced his retirement after the quick exit from the 2007 WC I said, its a hasty decision. Perhaps he thought that people will tear him into pieces for losing against minnows (Ireland) but, Bob Woolmer’s sudden death changed the situation and people did not react on Inzi’s failure. Akhtar, Asif and Afridi were not in the team so, obviously the team was not the same so Inzi should not have retired but, he did. He came back to play the one and only test match to break Miandad’s record and failed.

29. #29 by JAVED A. KHAN on February 29, 2012 - 5:26 AM

11. Umar Gul
    12. Saeed Ajmal
    13. Wahab Riaz
    14. Junaid Khan
    15. Cheema
    16. Abdul Hafeez

From among these, I don’t want to see:

Cheema for sure, he should be replaced by any other fast or spin bowler
    It would be better if Misbah and Malik are dropped
    Mohammad Hafeez should not open the batting, he should play at 6. or 7 and Hammad should play at 5. You need a regular wicketkeeper for ODI’s you cannot rely on Umar Akmal for 50 overs.

Knowing how the system works in Pakistan, there won’t be any drastic changes Misbah & Malik will not only be in the squad but, they will be in the playing XI. I have not included Younus Khan in the team but, I will not be surprised if they do.

In any case they have to build a young team for the T20 WC in September, and most of the players from this Asia Cup shall be playing that tournament, therefore it is better to have a young team gelling from now instead of waiting for the results of the Asia Cup which is a different format of the game.

30. #30 by JAVED A. KHAN on February 29, 2012 - 11:07 AM

NewGuy

Sehwag and Zaheer Khan rested for Asia Cup but TENDULKAR IS THERE and he is not retiring. Here is the Indian squad for Asia Cup: MSD, Kohli, Tendulkar, Gambhir, Rohit, Raina, Tiwary, Jadeja, Ashwin, Praveen, Vinay, Sharma, Yusuf, Irfan, Dinda.

31. #31 by Raju on February 29, 2012 - 11:13 AM

Jk

maindak aur tattu team mein rahengey. Shukr hae ke last ball mishap ne kheli warna nazla azam pe girta.

32. #32 by JAVED A. KHAN on February 29, 2012 - 11:15 AM

Raju

I heard PK will announce their squad for Asia Cup on 3rd or 4th of March, why so late? Are they waiting for the BPL guys to come back?

33. #33 by JAVED A. KHAN on February 29, 2012 - 11:18 AM

See what the Duddoo is saying: “It was because of my batting that the team won the first (T20) match so you can’t say I’m in poor form.” Misbah

hahahaha, bay sharam 2 matches hara kay bhee Dhuttayee say bolta hai I am not in poor form. Sala form thaa kab? His consistency in achieving defeats is incomparable and that too from a winning situation.

34. #34 by NewGuy on February 29, 2012 - 1:36 PM

JK,

India’s Asia cup for team has no surprises as expected of Srikanth who has no original thoughts, it appears to be Dhoni picked team, Jaddu in team despite averaging 109 with ball and 16 wit bat. What an all rounder!!!

Reports on Yousuf making it came true, so did Asok Dinda who is a trundler, a Dhoni specialty.

Big news though is Kohli’s appointment as VC. He could take up T20 captaincy very soon and then gradually into ODI captaincy. Grooming him now is very good idea.

35. #35 by NewGuy on February 29, 2012 - 1:40 PM

Tendulkar is expected to announce retirement from ODI after Asia cup. I think it is best that he goes from ODI, and then play Tests for a bit more. That way it is also gradual.

Sehwag needed to be dropped, but the key word from spineless Srikanth is “rested”. Why can’t the chief selector show some spine and say he is not performing and so he is dropped to give youngsters chance. That would be too much to expect I guess.

36. #36 by NewGuy on February 29, 2012 - 1:45 PM

JK,

You have Hammad Azam in your team twice, at #5 and then again at #9, you like him so much? so that you want to clone him 🙂

I think it is a good idea to give youngsters chance, but seriously I don’t see Misbah giving up #5 spot, he will come in at #4 or #5 and he will continue his usual style of anchoring the innings. With Misbah he will literally anchor the innings like how a ship is anchored in, i.e, it will stay stationary. In ODI you need to keep board ticking.

37. #37 by Raju on February 29, 2012 - 2:41 PM

Jk

please chk samaa websvte where KCA president wants mishap out of t20 ckt.

38. #38 by Raju on February 29, 2012 - 4:29 PM

39. #39 by JAVED A. KHAN on February 29, 2012 - 6:15 PM

NewGuy

Thanks for spotting the error, obviously its a typo. I am not really sponsoring Hammad but, a good player who has the potential to become a great player in the future. He needs to be given the confidence by giving him a spot in the team on a more regular basis like they give it to, Umar Akmal, Asad Shafiq, Imran Farhat, even Shoaib Malik and a few other bowlers like Junaid Khan and Cheema.

IMO, Junaid Khan and Cheema are like club players and they should not be in the International arena. Instead Wahab Riaz should get a more permanent place along with other fast bowlers who are playing well in the domestic matches. Cheema is reportedly a very close buddy of Misbah.

40. #40 by JAVED A. KHAN on February 29, 2012 - 6:20 PM

NewGuy

On Tendulkar, once again the selectors have shown their open support to Tendulkar hoping that he will score his 100th 100 in Bangladesh on flat tracks. I am not sure but, someone was saying that Bangladesh is the only country against whom Tendulkar has not scored an ODI 100 in Bangladesh. So, that could go either way, he may get his 100 or, he will get stuck like he is stuck to score the 100th 100 for the last 30 odd innings.

The selectors in India and Pakistan are spineless, both show their weakness against strong players or players who have a lobby. You have seen Dhoni’s and Tendulkar’s case and in Pakistan we have the same problem when it comes to Malik and Misbah.

41. #41 by JAVED A. KHAN on February 29, 2012 - 6:24 PM

Raju — I saw that KCA wali news last night on Samaa.tv and someone on twitter questioned why is Misbah not playing that Charity match? I said, that is because he is scared to go to Karachi. 😀

However, this article on a blog about Misbah’s fitness rather his incompetence in ODI and T20, I did not see that before, thanks for sharing.

No matter what you do or what you say, the PCB and the selectors turn a deaf ear and will keep Misbah and Malik in the team. Now, they are pinning hopes on Dav Whatmore. As if he is going to do miracles? Get rid of the Budda and his cronies for the WC T20.

42. #42 by JAVED A. KHAN on February 29, 2012 - 6:30 PM

Look at the SIXES the Afghans scored against Pakistan, the best is the six from a reverse sweep and that too of Ajmal’s bowling? LOL

43. #43 by JAVED A. KHAN on February 29, 2012 - 6:31 PM

Raju

This is for you:

meaning of misbah, M=Mujhe I=Itnihi S=Slow B=Batting A=Ati H=Hai.

44. #44 by JAVED A. KHAN on February 29, 2012 - 6:42 PM

Raju — watch this cartoon. If I had made this, I would have made it a JHAROO instead of a hockey stick

45. #45 by JAVED A. KHAN on February 29, 2012 - 7:44 PM

After the 2011 WC. Imran Khan talked about Afridi:

46. #46 by JAVED A. KHAN on February 29, 2012 - 8:11 PM

This is an excerpt from cricinfo: “Misbah is facing a hostile reaction from the Pakistan public after his 32-ball 28 in the deciding T20, which Pakistan lost by five runs. Pakistan had seemingly been in control, needing 36 off the final five overs with Misbah and Umar Akmal in the middle, and with seven wickets remaining but couldn’t complete the job.”

Jinhe Naaz hai Misbah pay vo kahan hain?

Misbah has the gumption to say: “All those who watch are sentimental and they talk like this.” He means the whole of Pakistan and ALL those who were watching the game i.e., non-Pakistanis too are not only sentimental but they can only criticize.

Missy See yourself as others see you.

47. #47 by JAVED A. KHAN on March 1, 2012 - 2:32 AM

NewGuy

Check out this: http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/555746.html

LOL @ Kris Srikanth actually telling the journalist to SHUT UP and first he said, Googly and then he said, UNGLEE and his Hindi in Tamil accent is hilarious. Boy, he has attitude.

48. #48 by Raju on March 1, 2012 - 3:01 AM

Jk

ye mishap nahi bol raha,ye uski khudparasti ki alamat hae.

Aisey aalishaan beghairat pey triple laanat hae

one for mohali, two for 1st t20, and third for last match.

Kahan hae wo log jo uski khushamad karte they aur wo log jo hamari tanqeed ko afridi maska kahte they ab kaisey gulati mar ke uski burai karte hain. Phele to badrey pathar marey jatey they,ab hamari door andeshi ko khiraj kyu nahi detey.

49. #49 by JAVED A. KHAN on March 1, 2012 - 12:30 PM

Khuddparasti yani Narcissism — agar yeh itna hee acha aur qabil hota tou Budhapay may kion isay chance milay, jawani may kion nahee?

The problem with most experts of today is they have cellphones and Internet at their disposal and just by clicking here and there they think they have become an expert. Apni aqal kam aur Internet ki ziyada samajhtay hain. Just like a lot of investors of today talk about stock market as if they were born in the stock exchange house and grew up there. I see some dimwits here who knows nothing about banking or about the brokerage firms and try to give you tips like an expert, yar ye khareed lo, vo khareed lo. I have never invested a dime in stock market because I have seen the opposite of from rags to riches.

Good Riddens to Mohammad IlyASS and his son in law Farthat. But, no clue how Iqbal Qasim would handle the situation because, they all talk big and when they get a job at the PCB, they become puppets, Mohsin is the recent most example.

I hope they don’t give any position to the Paindoo Zaheer AbASS or Aamir Churail Duddoo.

So, Iqbal Qasim has been given the sword to axe the sacrificial lamb. I think Fawad Alam kay mohallay may mithai baanti gayee hogi? Btw, someone sent me a video clip in which chottay chottay 2 finqay naach rehay hain balkay phuddak rehay hain, turned out they are Umar Akmal and Adnan Akmal and there was one more in which Kamran Akmal is wearing a lungi and a bongali ka topi and dancing in his own room like a bhaand. These Suckmals must be from some Meerasi family.

50. #50 by JAVED A. KHAN on March 1, 2012 - 12:56 PM

Raju — ye mulahiza farmayen.

Aamir ko apni ‘vukla’ say ishq ho gaya. Aamir is in love with his lawyer Sajida Malik and wants to marry her.

The news item is in Urdu. For NewGuy I am translating just one paragraph from it and that is…………

While they were all in a meeting in London i.e., Aamir, Sajida Malik, ICC officials, the police and investigating team plus the PCB officials including Ijaz Butt ……… Sajida Malik asked for water and she was given a glass full of water. After taking a few sips she kept the glass aside with LIPSTICK marks on the glass.

A few moments later Aamir who was sitting next to Sajida Malik, picked up the glass and drank exactly from the same spot where she left the lipstick mark. STILL THIS BC IS INTO SPOT FIXING? BAAZ NAHEE AYE GAA.

Everyone including Ijaz Butt were shocked. Ijaz Butt said, Munday Noo Ishq ho gaya.……. He has gone head over heals……….. So, even in Jail he was dreaming of his future.

Reportedly now, he wants to MARRY HER????? Officially he is still 17, mentally 13 and she must be in her 30’s unofficially, is he looking for a wife or a Mama? Ch2youn ki kami nahee hai Ghalib, ek dhoondo Hazaar milte hain.

Although Aamir has given in writing to the ICC prior to his sentence that he will NOT appeal to the CAS for reducing the ban. But, the PCB chairman Zaka Ashraf said Amir is still “an asset and a world class bowler”. “We will consider him for selection once his ban is over”.

51. #51 by JAVED A. KHAN on March 2, 2012 - 8:26 AM

NewGuy are you watching Aus/SL match? Pattinson 4 and Christian 5 wickets and SL 238, easy target haan? Australia are 26/3 and Malinga strikes back, got 2 early wickets. 1.2 billion heartbeats are sinking. As long as Watson and Hussey are there, there is some hope for India… ooops I mean Australia.

52. #52 by JAVED A. KHAN on March 2, 2012 - 9:29 AM

Aus are 118/4 now in 26 overs. One Hussey gone another one came in. What I see here I would never see in Misbah’s captaincy. The moment MEK Hussey was out, Jayawardene brought in a slip and a short leg and that added pressure on the well set batsman Watson who is on 58 at the moment.

Also, the catch Sangakara took to dismiss Mr. Cricket Mike Hussey was superb. None of the suckmuls have taken that catch with such quick reflexes.

53. #53 by JAVED A. KHAN on March 2, 2012 - 9:30 AM

Sri Lanka could not play Maharoof ‘coz of his injury. And during the game Mathews pulled his calf muscle and Perera got a side strain and Sri Lanka are 2 bowlers short at the moment.

54. #54 by JAVED A. KHAN on March 2, 2012 - 9:59 AM

Fantastic ball from Salinga Malinga to clean bowl Watson. Middle stump went off flying with the camera and the wire with it. Australia under pressure now 144/5 in 33 overs. Only David Hussey and Christian are there, after them its a long Kangaroo tail.

Wasim Akram is so disgustipatingly pathetic in commentating. I wonder how he gets a job?

55. #55 by JAVED A. KHAN on March 2, 2012 - 10:13 AM

SL are 162/6 in 35.3 overs As long as David Hussey the Danger man in, Aus has an outside chance to win.

56. #56 by JAVED A. KHAN on March 2, 2012 - 10:38 AM

Misbah are you watching Jayawardene’s attacking field? Aus are 183/7 in 42 overs. You should learn from Jaya, you defensive dude

57. #57 by JAVED A. KHAN on March 2, 2012 - 11:26 AM

sri lanka won………. LOL@ the play card a SL fan carrying in the stands. DHONI GO HOME. ahaha great captaincy by Mahela Jayawardene and great come back by the Lankans, great fielding. PK would have meekly surrendered long ago.

58. #58 by Raju on March 2, 2012 - 12:43 PM

Haha

dhonbi beta ghar jao

ek butt sab ka bhangi hae wo nahi jata

yesterday i was with mates after a few weeks gap,and they were madr pidr about butt lauenda.

59. #59 by Raju on March 2, 2012 - 12:45 PM

Jk
    its not pk sarendar,
    its niazi sarendar 😉

60. #60 by NewGuy on March 2, 2012 - 1:18 PM

JK,

I did not bother to watch the SL-Aus game, I saw they win and I couldn’t care much. I am not sure about how many people in India actually wanted to go to finals. I suspect most people had similar reaction as mine. That is indifferent.

The reason is this team is beyond anyone caring about it. They played poorly all summer, but that is still OK because it happens to every team. You can always come back provided players realize this and work hard, selectors take corrective measures, administrators stand up, so on.

But the main thing that killed interest is the infights and squabbles, players with egos who won’t correct their way, selectors and administrators who will not step in and fix problems, new team selection keeping all the failures and mediocre players in. To top it off a stinking media. Why would anyone be interested in this situation?

I only replied because you asked, because otherwise I have no interest in Indian team right now.

61. #61 by NewGuy on March 2, 2012 - 1:22 PM

SL is the deserving finalist, because if it was India, then Australia would have easily won in a canter. SL though is making them look like average team. Clarke will come back for finals and that may change things somewhat. But still SL is the team to give Aus a fight. Not India, actually everyone including Indian supporters are tired of watching them play, or rather squabble. SL did them a favor by letting them go home, they can do more important things like shopping.

62. #62 by JAVED A. KHAN on March 2, 2012 - 6:30 PM

Will reply to you guys later, busy at work

63. #63 by JAVED A. KHAN on March 3, 2012 - 1:24 AM

According to sources, Misbah will remain captain, Imran Nazir, Nasir Jamshed (the cheater) and Mohammad Sami will be picked 4 The Asia Cup while discipline issues are in the way of Shehzad’s selection. Malik & Farhat will be dropped.

Here is a link from Urdu newspaper:

64. #64 by JAVED A. KHAN on March 3, 2012 - 2:01 AM

Tomorrow there will be a benefit cricket match in Karachi with notable players from the PK team shall be playing and it is starting at 7:00 pm PST on Saturday March 03, 2012 which is 10:00 EST.

Afridi and Malik shall be leading the respective sides. Geosuper channel is streaming and showing live. Here is the link:

65. #65 by JAVED A. KHAN on March 3, 2012 - 7:52 AM

Umar
    Hammad
    Asad
    Hafeez
    Azhar
    Sarfraz (KEEPER)

With Misbah and Younus in the team there was no need for Azhar to be in the squad
    Disappointed with Nasir Jamshed’s selection, he is a sifarishi player
    Should have been either Ahmad Shahzad or Imran Nazir both top scored in BPL
    Sami should have been in place of Misbah’s buddy Cheema (Cheema is hopeless, gives too many runs)